INTERN - ADMINISTRATION
Department/Office: Office of Internal Oversight Services
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Duty Station:NEW YORK
Posting Period:31 October 2022 - 30 April 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting
This internship position is located in the Administrative Office of the Investigations Division (ID) of the Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS). OIOS is an independent office reporting to the Secretary-General and the General Assembly. ID/OIOS investigates reports of possible violations of rules, regulations, mismanagement, misconduct, waste of resources and abuse of authority. The Administrative Office supports the Division in planning, implementing, and reporting the utilization of resources, and covers all aspects of administration from recruitment, IT support, and finance.
The internship is available immediately for three months with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of the department. The internship is UNPAID and can be full-time or part-time. Full-time interns work five days per week (35 hours), and part-time interns work a minimum of 20 hour per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
This internship is an in-person assignment at United Nations New York Headquarters and cannot be discharged remotely.
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer and working closely with the Administration team, the intern will be expected to:
1. Assist with tasks related to archiving of hard copy folders of investigation cases and HR related documents.
2. Assist with tasks related to inventory management: identification of equipment, scanning of asset codes, physical verification of equipment and updating inventory lists. Follow up with staff members on equipment that are issued to them. Return outdated equipment to stock.
3. Analyze and update the Division's workforce statistics, conduct research, and assist with workforce planning and analysis to improve reporting, vacancy planning, and staff retention.
4. Provide support to the Division's recruitment activities, including outreach activities, communication with short-listed candidates, preparing assessment, and scheduling interviews.
5. Update the Division's staffing table, address list and telephone directory, as needed.
6. Maintain and electronically file personal records, such as performance records, flexible working arrangement contracts, and others.
7. Assist with a staffing level review and the preparation of post classification documents and supporting material.
8. Provide other administrative support for remote office operations and to staff members working remotely.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and Organization: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments. Adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others; correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style, and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met.
• Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first-level university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
• Be computer literate in standard software applications.
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing
opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
For this internship the applicant's physical presence in the New York Office for a minimum of 2 months is required. Please indicate below the exact time period and length of your availability.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the Hiring Manager directly for further consideration.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Note must include: The applicant's graduate degree programme (What are you currently studying and where?) and undergraduate degree programme; Graduation date (When will you be graduating from the programme?); An explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme; Description of why you are particularly well qualified for this specific internship considering your skills, interests, and experience.
Please also indicate when you will be able to start your internship and for how long, and whether you are interested in a full-time or part time internship.
In the online Personal History Profile, it is important that applicants must be sure to include all past work experiences, evaluation skills, and three references (academic and/or professional). Owing to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
微信号 : fayuren123